Frequently asked questions
- Each DataPacket server is deployed with unshared uplink dedicated exclusively to you. Uplink capacity varies depending of your desired CPU and bandwidth choice or custom NIC on demand. We currently offer 1×10, 2×10, 1×25, 2×25, 1×40, 2×40, 1×100 or 2×100 GE unshared uplinks.
- We’re happy to announce your prefixes for you via BGP. All you need to do is provide your ASN, list of prefixes and an LOA. The setup costs 100 USD per announcement / location and takes approximately 24 hours to complete.
- We can announce the ranges under our ASN (AS212238) or your ASN if you have one, the choice is up to you.
- We are able to set up a BGP session on our side, but we do not provide the service of tuning the anycast, that would be up to you. We can provide the BGP communities if that helps. You also need to have your own ASN.
- Please check WHOIS AS60068, we list all the communities there and update the list on a regular basis.
- Our BGP blackhole community is 60068:666 and it is active for all customers, there is no need to request it specifically. Keep in mind that only /32 subnets are allowed to be blackholed.
- Please check out the Looking Glass tool. Here you can test the connection from our locations to your IP. You'll also find test IPs and files that you can download and check which location works best for you!
- No, we do not guarantee routing through a specific partner. Our network is constantly monitored and to ensure quality and stable performance, we adjust the routing through the best possible path at any given time.
- We can set up a private network between servers within the same data centre. This is setup is provided free of charge. In such a case, the server has two uplinks, one is used for the private network and the other one for the public network.
- Absolutely. Each DataPacket server is deployed with unshared uplink dedicated exclusively to you. Uplink capacity varies depending of your desired CPU and bandwidth choice or custom NIC on demand. We currently offer 1×10, 2×10, 1×25, 2×25, 1×40, 2×40, 1×100 or 2×100 GE unshared uplinks.
- You get one IPv4 address per server free of charge. Additional IPv4 addresses are available for 7 USD / month or a one-time fee of 100 USD. We can provide additonal IPs at any time, please contact us in case of interest.
- Yes, of course. Upon request, we’ll assign you IPv6 addresses free of charge.
- In fact, DataPacket servers are perfectly suited for streaming, both in terms of network performance and hardware specifications.
- Yes. Shield, our cybersecurity stack, allows you to monitor and mitigate DDoS attacks targeting your servers, as well as toggle between various protection tiers:
Volumetric Shield is always-on for each customer. This solution is efficient against NTP, DNS, Memcached, and other basic amplification attacks.
Full Shield, powered by dedicated anti-DDoS hardware, adds TCP syn interception and employs custom mitigation techniques.
- Internal traffic between your servers within the same data center is free of charge, including the initial setup. By default, we configure internal networks with 1 Gbps or 10 Gbps uplink capacity.