Frequently asked questions
- Each DataPacket server is deployed with unshared uplink dedicated exclusively to you. Uplink capacity varies depending of your desired CPU and bandwidth choice or custom NIC on demand. We currently offer 1×10, 2×10, 1×25, 2×25, 1×40, 2×40, 1×100 or 2×100 GE unshared uplinks.
- We're happy to announce your prefixes for you via BGP. All you need to do is provide your ASN, list of prefixes and an LOA. The setup costs 100 USD per announcement / location and takes approximately 24 hours to complete.
- We can announce the ranges under our ASN (AS212238) or your ASN if you have one, the choice is up to you.
- We are able to set up a BGP session on our side, but we do not provide the service of tuning the anycast, that would be up to you. We can provide the BGP communities if that helps. You also need to have your own ASN.
- Please check WHOIS AS60068, we list all the communities there and update the list on a regular basis.
- Our BGP blackhole community is 60068:666 and it is active for all customers, there is no need to request it specifically. Keep in mind that only /32 subnets are allowed to be blackholed.
- Please check out the Looking Glass tool. Here you can test the connection from our locations to your IP. You'll also find test IPs and files that you can download and check which location works best for you!
- No, we do not guarantee routing through a specific partner. Our network is constantly monitored and to ensure quality and stable performance, we adjust the routing through the best possible path at any given time.
- We can set up a private network between servers within the same data centre. This is setup is provided free of charge. In such a case, the server has two uplinks, one is used for the private network and the other one for the public network.
- Absolutely. Each DataPacket server is deployed with unshared uplink dedicated exclusively to you. Uplink capacity varies depending of your desired CPU and bandwidth choice or custom NIC on demand. We currently offer 1×10, 2×10, 1×25, 2×25, 1×40, 2×40, 1×100 or 2×100 GE unshared uplinks.
- You get one IPv4 address per server free of charge. Additional IPv4 addresses are available for 7 USD / month or a one-time fee of 100 USD. We can provide additonal IPs at any time, please contact us in case of interest.
- Yes, of course. Upon request, we’ll assign you an entire IPv6 subnet (/64), free of charge.
- In fact, DataPacket servers are perfectly suited for streaming, both in terms of network performance and hardware specifications.
- Yes. Shield, our cybersecurity stack, allows you to monitor and mitigate DDoS attacks targeting your servers, as well as toggle between various protection tiers:
Volumetric Shield is always-on for each customer. This solution is efficient against NTP, DNS, Memcached, and other basic amplification attacks.
Full Shield, powered by dedicated anti-DDoS hardware, adds TCP syn interception and employs custom mitigation techniques.
- Internal traffic between your servers within the same data center is free of charge, including the initial setup. By default, we configure internal networks with 1 Gbps or 10 Gbps uplink capacity.
Servers & Setup
- Yes, you can set it up by yourself directly on your server. We can also set it up for you free of charge during the initial server setup. To do that, we need you to send us the ACL (access control list). Please note that it can delay the server delivery by up to 3 business days as our network department is heavily overloaded. Any changes required later on are a charged service, please contact our support for more information.
- We do not keep GPU servers in stock, however, our sales team will be happy to order custom-built server for you if you let us know your hardware requirements. Please note that this option typically requires about 3 to 6 months of prepayment.
- Yes, we can set up any software RAID for you, free of charge. Hardware RAID is subject to an additional 50 USD / month. If you're not sure what RAID level to choose, see the full description in our blog post.
- A dedicated server is a server reserved exclusively to you. Unlike with shared servers or VPS, you’re not sharing the server’s resources with any other clients. All of our servers are unmanaged, allowing full admin access.
- Sure. There are no limitations to this.
- We can install any operating system. By default, we provide Ubuntu, Debian, or CentOS, which are also available for auto reinstallation via the client panel. We can deploy VMware ESXi and licensed systems as well, provided that you own a valid license.
- Usually, in-stock servers are installed and delivered within 4 hours after receiving your payment. With on-demand configurations, please contact Sales to get the closest possible delivery date.
- You can reinstall your OS through the client panel by navigating to Servers → Detail → Manage server → Automatic reinstall. Alternatively, you can reinstall your OS via IPMI
If your server cannot be reinstalled automatically and you don’t wish to reinstall it via IPMI, you can request a new OS installation by our technicians (Servers → Detail → Manage server → Request reinstall).
- Yes, we provide cPanel for 65 USD / month per license. No setup fees required.
- A bandwidth plan represents the amount of purchased bandwidth. Uplink capacity represents your server’s physical bandwidth limit.
- In rare cases, we can offer metered plans after consultation with our sales team. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with information about your use case, we will be happy to discuss the options with you.
- Yes, we can pool the bandwidth plan for servers within the same region. For example Europe, Asia, Northern America and so on.
- The full uplink capacity is available to you as we do not set any limits. This is particularly convenient when your business grows and you need to upgrade your purchased plan - we just switch your plan in the system and that's it, you can use the bandwidth right away.
- Our global network spans 45 data centers and counting. With 22 points of presence in Europe, 16 in Americas, 4 in the Asia-Pacific, and 3 in the Middle East region, we guarantee low-latency data delivery across 6 continents.
- No. To give you the flexibility to scale as you need, we provide our services on a pay-as-you-go basis with no further commitment. If your organization does require a written contract, we’ll happily cooperate.
- At the end of your trial period, our Sales team will contact you about switching to one of our monthly plans. You can also choose to continue with an entirely different server.
- By default, we charge bandwidth based on your actual peak usage to be able to scale our infrastructure in a way that prevents network congestion during peak times. In certain cases, we can also provide 95th percentile-based billing upon request. Please contact our sales team to inquire about this option.
- You can pay with credit card, or via wire transfer. We accept USD, EUR, and GBP. We do not accept crypto currencies.
- If your bandwidth usage exceeds the purchased amount, our Sales team will contact you about upgrade options. Please rest assured that we won’t suspend or limit your service.
- Yes, we provide this option. It can be enabled by your account manager upon request. Please note that the unit price per Mbps will be slightly higher than with peak-based plans.
- No. Server installation is free of charge with no additional setup fees. Paid services (e.g. extra IPs or Advanced Shield with support) are always clearly communicated.
- Our list prices don’t include VAT. The Value Added Tax is only charged to EU customers without a valid VAT number. All other customers are VAT-exempt.
- Absolutely. If you wish to test our services in your preferred location, simply request a trial server via our website and we’ll be in touch. To make sure you’ll qualify, please provide your business email and website.
- If we receive a DMCA notice involving your server(s) and reporting either:
- - Copyright infringement
- - Hosting of illegal content
- - Participating in malicious activities (DDoS attacks, spamming, etc.)
- - Or any other illegal acts